Friday, April 9, 2010

Ink Test

I came across a tutorial by Brian Romero recently explaining how he goes about doing his inking for cartoons and illustration using Illustrator. This, along with information that Mr. John K has supplied, made a lot of sense and seemed easy to apply to these illustrations.

I followed Bryan's tutorial using the same example, a drawing by Pedro Vargas. Here's the original:



The next three are my inks starting with the initial strokes, then a little more detail, and then the final digital "inking". The tutorial requires a Wacom tablet, but since I don't have one yet, I went about this using Illustrator's pen tool and my own custom brushes, and I think it turned out pretty good for a first try.





More about inking:
Brian Romero: Digital Inking Basics
John K Advanced Inking 1

No comments:

Post a Comment